Al-razi Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

How to remove Bios Password for Elitebook 8570w

Elitebook 8570w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello hp community I am stuck in this problem I bought this Elitebook 8570w but its bios is password protected and no one has answered this question how to remove it, I have searched the web but after a month I didn`t get any result for this. make sure I have tried Biosconfigutility but nothing happened there is an error "Unable to process command. Password is set, but no password file is provided".

NOTE: 1. Make sure I don`t want to change any hardware.

2. I can`t change boot order using Biosconfigutility  my boot order is 

Notebook Upgrade Bay
Notebook Hard Drive

USB Floppy

any solution would be appreciated

2 REPLIES
Dean
Dean
11017 569 1583
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post

Enter the incorrect password THREE times.

After you do, a numeric code will be displayed.

Post that code here.

One of the "experts" on this forum will use that code to tell you a different password that you will need to enter.

Once you have entered BIOS SETUP mode, set a new password.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
17 3 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post

Greetings!

Your situation is not simple, so be patient during the answer arrives (which is not guaranteed).

Nowadays business series notebook pc's has tougher security protection, error code not necessarily exists / help.
Hopefully the this link will give you some helpful advices.

Anyway as a temporary solution, boot order can be modified dynamicaly on startup via F9 boot menu. You can read about dynamic and static boot order eg. in this manual.

Best luck!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation