Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Someone called Sanjay96 just reported the same bug I had with the same laptop model. is there a way to PM the following message to him, to make sure he sees it? I'd like to ensure someone else with the same issue I had gets as much of my advice as possible, an hope if he solves it he can come back and tell me the underlying cause which I never discovered for myself.

I don't frequent this forum, so it is good luck I noticed your post:

Start when you dissassembled the laptop and tried to reassemble? Or did it start from a closed-up working laptop? I'm afraid I have no clue what made the difference to get my laptop working again, but it is working reliably now and I'm typing on it this very second. All I can suggest is waiting several hours with it disassembled for any cleaning solvents used to fully evaoprate away. Possibly gently lifting out the RAM modules (wear an ESD wriststrap) and reinserting them well. Ensuring all wire connectors are well fitted, especially the screen wire which is a hideous monstrosity of very fine loose wiring inside if you're unlucky enough to dislodge the protective wrap around it, if you can avoid ever trying to disconnect this screen wire then just leave it connected throughout disassembly procedures. Ensure the HDD and other slot connected things are pushed in well. Try taking out the BIOS battery (little coin cell on the motherboard) for tens of minutes, I did this and it reset my BIOS/UEFI to sort sort of basic configuration, it didn't seem to help anything for me, and since doing it I don't have the BIOS/UEFI options I had beforehand, but it was something I did between the times of trying to boot up unsuccessfully and the time I booted and got to the BIOS/UEI screen. Also, don't try powering on the laptop at any point except when all wires are reconnected and the casing is all back together. You can physically leave the keyboard not clipped in (but ensure ribbon cable is connected properly) and leave the screws out when doing sch test reassemblies, but it seemed for me that I succeeded when trying to boot a reassembled device but not when trying to boot up the motherboardwith all cables connected but no casing fitted (casing may act to put pressure on some vital contact somewhere or something). That's all I can say really, I still don't understand what these horrid failures were, or how they suddenly recovered such that I was able to boot and reinstall linux on to my newly fitted HDD. You might use some very sharp voltmeter probes to make the checks on the little board which is under the power switch, see if they are the same as those I reported, but I still don't know what to interpret from them, only that if yours are very different to mine your problem might be very diferent in terms of cause. And maybe post your problem with as much detail as you can on multiple computer forums, particularly those which discuss internal hardware a lot and are filled with people who discuss the circuit level details. Repeat every "test" or "measurement" you can deduce I did in my first post, and include your results for them in any forum pots you make. And, if you do find an explanation as well as a solution, do please post it on this thread (and PM on this forum me so I get an auto-email about it), I'd love to understand what dark magic went on behind the scenes in my situation too.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for participating and visiting the community. 

The instruction to send private message is here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...  

If you do not see the button, it is because the user do not have de feature yet, but with level up the user can use this feature in the future. 

I hope that you understand any doubt feel free to send me a message. 

Stay safe. Kind regards. 

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.