Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a hp 2530p and yesterday it was the last time I used it after I updated the laptop it just never comes back on just showed some light indicators when I press the power button I tested power cord it's nothing wrong, I tested the battery nothing else is wrong what could be the problem?

017441140_1-3409a703c1e1e9b429d57ba1f7dae8dd.png

 when ever I press the power button Number 11 would flash blue orange white and off while number 19 would turn on for a second than turn off. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
sorry, but if nothing happens, I'm afraid you may have damaged the computer, or you may have a problem with the power supply.
possible that the motherboard is broken
It may not be worth it, but go to a professional, to have it tested

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi

Is there just that?
you indicate the battery indicator, it may be a bit old, but that doesn't mean much, the power indicator?
you say after update, but more exactly?

check this but it does not seem very useful to me with what you indicate

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c01732674

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes it is old it had dust and when I turned it back on before it just shut off it had 149 updated pending the last time the laptop was ever updated was on 2015 and when I mean the indicators mean the battery light when you plug in the power cord.

HP Recommended

If you can remove the battery, do the
restart the computer, after shutting it down completely, tell exactly what is happening

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

When I put back the battery inside it shows a white light for the charging indicator and does nothing when I press the power button it still does the same thing

HP Recommended

I told you to restart without the battery, that's not what you are trying  ??

If nothing happens, I'm afraid the cleaning was a little too violent

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Still nothing the indicator is flashing and than just turning off

HP Recommended

When I plug in the power cord it doesn't show no sign of life with battery inside but when I take out the battery and put the cord in the power battery led flashes for a second than turns off

HP Recommended

Hello
sorry, but if nothing happens, I'm afraid you may have damaged the computer, or you may have a problem with the power supply.
possible that the motherboard is broken
It may not be worth it, but go to a professional, to have it tested

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.