Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For a few months now my Envy X360 no longer performs a simple reboot, it is able to shutdown. 

It's more of an annoyance that anything else but at the end of the day, tells me something not right and it should be fixed. 

Upon requesting restart, everything looks normal. Once Windows shuts-down, the screen goes black as you would expect as the laptop drops out of Windows back (partially or briefly) to BIOS. Except that the black screen remains, forever. I have to hold the power button to force a shutdown, then power back on. Everything from this point is ok.

For a Shutdown initiated via Windows, all goes as normal. 

Why does restart not work? I have as seen in another post on here, dropped into BIOS setup and reset to defaults. This did not fix.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.