Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Spectre x360 convertible 15-df0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

, i have had this Pc for a year now and as soon as warranty ended i have had problems with this pc, the first and major thing i need help with it the restart program, every time i go to restart the labtop it takes forever and then finally a blue screen come up saying it will force restart but never does and i have to force shut it down, and has a stop error code. After i force it to shut down and turn it back on it works like normal and no problems until i close the lid for awhile and open it back up and it can’t connect to the internet and again won’t restart for me to fix it and i have to force it to shut down again. Help!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, if I understand well you have a blue screen when you want to restart or shutdown your PC?? If is it this, can you report me what is this stop code??

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Hello, yes the error on the blue screen after it tries to restart on the PC is a driver_power_state_failure. And i have updated all the drivers and none seem to have fixed this problem. 

HP Recommended

I am searching informations about this error; the easier option to begin is check if you can restore your PC to his state before the problem: How to restore Windows 10 to the previous state …

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

I could try and find the reverted state of the update up we’ve had many updates of from windows^ since it started 

HP Recommended

Hello, if you don't have install other softwares you don't need to check all updates. You can for example begin by restore to January, under restore points you have.

HP Recommended

It may seem that it is a hardware problem for this PC, and could only be fixed by an update directly for this problem. Contacting HP or Windows directly to notify them seems like the more available option to fix it. 

HP Recommended

If you don't want try to uninstall all updates install since this problem, you can contact the support but it risks to make an entire reinstall of your PC and loose your programs.. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.