Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Folio 9470m
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My laptop is stuck in a reboot loop.  When I turn it on the hp logo flashes and it instantly restarts and does the same thing over and over.  I've tried unplugging and removing the battery and holding the power to drain static.  I have run system diagnostics and it says the hard drive is fine.  I have tried unplugging the cmos battery.  I have tried the windows+b+power button which brings it to a black screen with the caps lock flashing then the fan turns on and nothing else happens and I have to take out the battery to get it to turn off.  I have tried updating the bios via a flashdrive and it says update failed with no options displayed and then goes back to the boot loop.  My laptop doesn't have f11 for the system recovery listed on the escape menu  and nothing happens from pressing it.  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you able to boot into a USB Pendrive. You can create a bootable drive on a different PC

Download Windows 10

and then try to fix the installation on the PC or try a reinstall

let us know,

David

HP Recommended

I tried putting the bios on a flashdrive and updating it but it just says bios update failed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.