Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
W2k56ua
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My hp envy 360 will not then on. When I plug it in, the charging light turns on, and it is fully charged. When I press the power button, nothing turns on. No lights or fans or anything. I've had it a few times that it will turn on if I sit and press the power button for like half an hour, but it takes longer and longer each time. I've had this computer for about a year and a half with great results, until I first noticed this problem about 2 weeks ago.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Ck102

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the HP Envy doesn't turn on,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you reset the computer to release excessive static?

While you respond to that, The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have tried to reset the computer, but none of these options give me any type of response. Is there a certain way to reset an hp envy m6? I can find little to no instructions regarding this type of laptop.
HP Recommended

@Ck102

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

The instructions I had sent in those links contained information about resetting it,

If you've missed out on clicking those links, here it is again for your ease of access (CLICK HERE)

That said, if the issue persists, though you've tried with an alternate power adapter or cord,

and it doesn't make a difference, I recommend you Contact HP to set up a repair/replacement order:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, Thank you but these solutions did not work. I brought it to the local tech agency and they told me the issue was a hardware issue that would need to be fixed by replacing the USB, Audio, and powerboard. I would like to know how much it would cost to send my laptop in to be repared. Unfortunately, there seems to be no good phone number to contact regarding this information. If you could please let me know who I could contact in order to resolve this problem, I would be most grateful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.