cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
lauramalyk
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Hp envy x360 black screen with loud fans after bios update

HP Recommended
HP envy x360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Whilst, browsing my outlook HP assistant popped up with an update for my laptop which needed to device to restart. 

I let hp assistant do the restart and it got through the bios update then showed a screen that said something like Flashing Boot. Since that point 8ish hours ago my laptop has been on a black screen with loud fans. 

I've tried holding the power button for 15sec to hard reset it but no luck, I've tried all the steps to do a hard reset but the computer won't shut down. I unplugged my power cable from it as well but the light (which indicates the laptop is charging) is still on regardless of no cable being there. I also don't have any periphrial devices connected to it.

Since, I cant really turn it off and don't want to unscrew it to remove battery completely. I'm hoping that maybe someone ran into the same problem as I and found a way to fix it?

At the moment, my plan is to wait for the laptop to get 0% battery and hope from the best there.

2 REPLIES 2
Dav007
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm having same problem.

Did you found anu solution ?

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
lauramalyk
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I unplugged it and let it die, once it had shut off I plugged it in and was able to get it to start up correctly. Best of luck.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation