Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-w201ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have changed my motherboard and updated my bios to the latest version (f54 Rev A ) I noticed that hp support assistance doesn't detect my laptop version so I googled and found out that my product number is wrong and my serial number is set to 00000... in bios. I tried changing them but the options were greyed out I read somewhere that I have to press ctrl + A to get it to be editable but when I tried I kept hearing a beeping noise and nothing changed. I would like to know if there were a way to change my SK and SR, please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need a special tool (DMI Toolkit) which only HP service centers should have to insert or change the serial number and product number in the Firmware.

Hope it helps,

David

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need a special tool (DMI Toolkit) which only HP service centers should have to insert or change the serial number and product number in the Firmware.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

@madnesso wrote:

Hello, I have changed my motherboard and updated my bios to the latest version (f54 Rev A ) I noticed that hp support assistance doesn't detect my laptop version so I googled and found out that my product number is wrong and my serial number is set to 00000... in bios. I tried changing here them but the options were greyed out I read somewhere that I have to press ctrl + A to get it to be editable but when I tried I kept hearing a beeping noise and nothing changed. I would like to know if there were a way to change my SK and SR, please.

faced the same and tried the above thing but didnt find useful

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.