Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Hp omen changed my motherboard and now my serial number and product id are wrong

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-w201ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have changed my motherboard and updated my bios to the latest version (f54 Rev A ) I noticed that hp support assistance doesn't detect my laptop version so I googled and found out that my product number is wrong and my serial number is set to 00000... in bios. I tried changing them but the options were greyed out I read somewhere that I have to press ctrl + A to get it to be editable but when I tried I kept hearing a beeping noise and nothing changed. I would like to know if there were a way to change my SK and SR, please.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
10,608 10,563 2,078 4,088
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need a special tool (DMI Toolkit) which only HP service centers should have to insert or change the serial number and product number in the Firmware.

Hope it helps,

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@madnesso wrote:

Hello, I have changed my motherboard and updated my bios to the latest version (f54 Rev A ) I noticed that hp support assistance doesn't detect my laptop version so I googled and found out that my product number is wrong and my serial number is set to 00000... in bios. I tried changing here them but the options were greyed out I read somewhere that I have to press ctrl + A to get it to be editable but when I tried I kept hearing a beeping noise and nothing changed. I would like to know if there were a way to change my SK and SR, please.

faced the same and tried the above thing but didnt find useful

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation