Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP AU117TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I removed my battery and I want to use my laptop on power cord only but after removing the battery as suggested in the manual it is not turning on but led besides power cord is glowing white.

I tried many solution provided by hp support but non of them worked.

Please Help Me.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Sounds like a bad motherboard.

HP Recommended

@Robozk 

Does it work WITH the battery inserted?  If so, then it is not a motherboard issue but only a limitation that the laptop will not run without a battery inserted -- which is a limitation of my HP laptop.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood

Yes it is working with inserted battery but only charges my battery when the laptop is power off as soon as I boot up my laptop the led besides power cord turns white from amber and battery stopped charging.

But about 2 weeks ago I removed my battery at that time it was working fine without battery then I put my battery in.

But once again when I remove my battery yesterday it was not booting up without battery.

HP Recommended

@Robozk 

As I said already, some models will not boot without a battery inserted -- as is the case with my HP laptop.

It will RUN on the A/C only, but will not boot without a working battery even if on A/C power.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.