Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs120nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I Created a bootable USB with Linux mint on. Then I went to BIOS setting  and enabled legacy support plus, I changed the boot order and put ones with USB on top. But what I did not see in any tutorial was there were arrows on left side of the pointing to the driver that windows was installed. Please help!

SalehBal_1-1642914735618.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There are many videos on YouTube.

try this:

Install Linux Mint UEFI Mode - YouTube

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You don't have a solid IT-background if you don't know how to do that!

You could choose the (F9) menue instead.

You can install Linux Mint in UEFI-Mode as well. Just create a 300 MB FAT32 during setup.

HP Recommended

@SalehBal 

Are you trying to install Linux mint alongside Windows? If so, what you are doing will NOT work -- because Mint and Windows must be installed in the SAME mode.  If you switch mode to Legacy to install Mint, then Windows will no longer boot.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Actually Windows does boot. But I cant see my USB in the boot menu.

So you are saying that I should boot only in UEFI mode?

HP Recommended

So I don't need to change to legacy mode? Just create a FAT32 during setup?  

How can I learn to do that? Any tutorial suggestions?

HP Recommended

There are many videos on YouTube.

try this:

Install Linux Mint UEFI Mode - YouTube

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.