Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
To who it may concern,

I wanted to format my computer since I ran out of storage and wanted to delete everything. I managed to format it but while it was in the middle of formatting it failed. I shut it off and then shows the HP logo then a grey screen, the a black screen, and then the HP logo. It constantly keeps doing this. Maximum I left it on for 10 mins and nothing changed and I kept shutting it off and nothing work. Please help me and respond back please
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You may have some option in your BIOS (ESC on HP splash at boot) to recover (from a recovery partition) if one exists on your machine - worth a look. 

Otherwise you'll need some OS media to install a (new) OS on your machine - Windows disc or such, and boot from that as per what I said about the recovery disc. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Try booting to your recovery media -> put your recovery CD in the drive, switch on, press F9 or ESC when the HP logo first shows, select to boot from CD. Then follow the appropriate option to (re-)install the OS, during which time remove any existing (main) partition, re-create the partition, format and install.
HP Recommended
I don't think I have any CD's on me sorry
HP Recommended

You may have some option in your BIOS (ESC on HP splash at boot) to recover (from a recovery partition) if one exists on your machine - worth a look. 

Otherwise you'll need some OS media to install a (new) OS on your machine - Windows disc or such, and boot from that as per what I said about the recovery disc. 

HP Recommended

And how can I check my options?

HP Recommended

You probably need to go into your BIOS and see what options you're presented with (as per last reply). Sometimes there is a particular key assigned on-boot for this. The information you need is more than likely available through Google by searching [your model of machine here] recovery option or similar. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.