Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
m7-n101dx

I sometimes get as far as the sign-in screen then after attempting to sign in, the system restarts and takes me to an error screen stating stop code:  failed Ntfs.sys.  It shuts down and restarts over and over again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The error code reported, Memory Module Failure (no DIMM id), means one of the memory modules has failed, and needs to be replaced.

Since your notebook has 2 x 8 GB memory modules installed, and the report doesn't tell us which one is bad, you will have to remove them one at a time, run the notebook off the remaining memory module and if you get the code again, remove that one, replace it with the first one you took out and you should not get a failure code.

Replace the memory module that caused the failure code..

Here is the link to the service manual where you can find the memory module removal and replacement procedure...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04696907

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The error code reported, Memory Module Failure (no DIMM id), means one of the memory modules has failed, and needs to be replaced.

Since your notebook has 2 x 8 GB memory modules installed, and the report doesn't tell us which one is bad, you will have to remove them one at a time, run the notebook off the remaining memory module and if you get the code again, remove that one, replace it with the first one you took out and you should not get a failure code.

Replace the memory module that caused the failure code..

Here is the link to the service manual where you can find the memory module removal and replacement procedure...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04696907

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your help Paul, I really do appreciate your prompt response and solution to my problem, as I do depend upon my device for so many reasons.  I will certainly give this a try tonight and thanks again!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.