Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream Laptop 14-cb1xx

I just opened my laptop and out of nowhere this message pops up. 

I've tried to fix it using Bios but it's dome nothing. 

I've tried to hard reset it, nothing.

There is another way of maybe fixing it but I'm missing those options and at this point I night just scrap it. I've only had the laptop for a little over a year so I'm a little frustrated with it

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Squidney3981 

That message means either the Windows boot files got corrupted and that prevents it NOW booting into Windows, or the "drive" file system for Windows also got corrupted as well.

BIOS reset has nothing whatsoever to do with either of those.

And, the Streams can not do factory resets because there is insufficient room on their "disk drive".

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC.

The recovery drive can then be used to install Win10 and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.