Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-da0326tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello members!

Can you help me fix "inacessible boot devicd"? 

Tired all possible ways except reset my pc.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Geekyuser,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are getting an error "inaccessible boot device" on your HP Notebook - 15-Da0326tu. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

This Windows stop code inaccessible boot device is an error caused by problems with your computer's drivers. When you update your drivers, that will solve the BSOD inaccessible boot device issue. You can recover the BIOS using a key press combination.

• Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.
  • Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

Keyboard highlighting the key presses for BIOS recovery

• Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.
  • If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps but press the Windows key and the V key. If the screen still does not display, your computer might not support the feature or there is a hard drive issue. Continue to the next section to Recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive.

If the issue persists, then you might have to run a hardware test on the Harddrive using the HP UEFI Hardware Diagnostics:

• Hold the power button for at least 10 seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.
  • When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click Component Test
  • Select Storage or Harddrive 
  • Click Quick Test.
  • Click Run once
  • Once the Test is completed it might say Pass or Fail. 
  • If it says pass then it is an issue with the operating system.
  • If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) and let me know as it would be a hardware issue. 

If the hardware test passes then click on this Link and follow the steps to reinstall the operating system.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.