Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-f233wm (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have had this laptop given to me by a family member. I already thought it was weird that they gave me a computer out of no where. It was extremely dirty on the top and so forth, so I cleaned it off and tried to turn it on. Everything seemed to work okay and everything was surprisingly decent expect for a a few what seemed to be like shedding of something on the keys, the computer had a password on it however and I had no access to the email considering it was not mine. I tried to find a way around it but nothing worked. Having no other option. I decided to do a factory reset to powerwash the computer to bypass the restrictions. Everything was going alright, windows was installing but once it got to 64% it just reset randomly. Not sure why it did so. I waited for it to turn back on and it did, but repeated the same restart. I waited some more just in case and it repeated this for about 5 more times and I decided to finally do something about it. I opened up the system tests diagnostics and did tests on everything. Everything it tested said it passed without any issue. Eventually I managed to get somewhere where it said windows had to be reinstalled, so I clicked okay to indicate that was completely fine. However it repeated the same process again, reset and then states saying it couldn't reset or install windows. It's been restarting like so for about 24 hours now and I've came here to get this solved.. hopefully someone can help me out, because the warranty on the laptop is expired and I can't ask a agent for help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ThatStubbornMon

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry understand that your HP notebook is not working correctly. I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. 
The last thing I can suggest try and restore the OS back to the factory default, which will isolate whether it’s a software or hardware issue.  The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.