Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
830 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

We have dozens of 830 G6 bought and we have on multiple of them issue with "full recovery of the intel management engine firmware" issue during  every boot. This unit came to US with BIOS release R70 ver. 01.02.00 06/18/2019.  which is newer than available at HP.com to download meaning 01.01.06. I can't update BIOS to the same version - it is "blocked by administrator" but updating BIOS is not restricted in BIOS option - it is allowed. Also I can't downgrade BIOS to older version it is also blocked. So any help is welcome.IMG_20190905_144625.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP released new ver. of BIOS on Friday.  Release R70 ver. 01.02.01 (26.08.2019)- which repair this issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP released new ver. of BIOS on Friday.  Release R70 ver. 01.02.01 (26.08.2019)- which repair this issue.

HP Recommended

I've just reproduced this error on this new BIOS version R70 ver. 01.02.01. But this time "upgrading" to the same version is not blocked and it repair this issue also.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.