Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop 595-p0019nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 16Gb SSD that came fitted but isn’t configured. The computer is in use with various software installed.  My question .....

can I setup / configure Intel Optane without wiping the main drive and recovery partitions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the info at the link below is of help to you...

HP PCs - Installing and Using Intel Optane | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the info at the link below is of help to you...

HP PCs - Installing and Using Intel Optane | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Paul, thanks for suggesting the link. I have already looked through the document but cannot find any indication the the primary drive will or will not be overwritten. 
Regards,

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I can't say for sure either, but I don't believe that it will.

What you can do before tinkering with the settings is to use the free Macrium reflect utility and make a system image of your current installation and store it on a portable hard drive.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

You want the software on the left side of the page under the 'Backup at Home' section.

That way if something goes wrong you can boot from the Macrium rescue media the software has you create to access the system image and restore your PC to its current state.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion and advice, Paul. However, it came too late as I have already taken the plunge. I decided to trust the Intel line that stated the files on the ‘fast drive’ (SSD) would be deleted (assumption: files on slow / primary drive would not)🤞. Intel Optane is enabled and all appears well and somewhat faster. 
Many Thanks for your assist.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.