Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G0 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Somehow my laptop now requires a password while trying to enter BIOS. I don't know if maybe the guy that cleaned my laptop and reinstalled windows on it has put it. He swears he didn't... But, anyways, my BIOS is password protected now. The problem is I need virtualization enabled in order to use Android Studio and some other things here and there.
I have googled this extensively. I am aware that HP used to create and send  out custom SMC.bin files to customers in similar situations to mine, if I'm not mistaken. I haven't managed to find anything that works beside literally desoldering the chip and reprogramming it. Which is something I wouldn't dare to do myself and I couldn't find anyone willing to do it for money.

If anyone knows any other way, please let me know.

Thank you guys very much in advance, I look forward to reading what u think.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

Regards,
MayS.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.