Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP x2 detachable 10-pxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

On restart or awaken from sleep, the keyboard does not respond until I put it in tablet mode and user the virtual keyboard.

Then it takes some minutes to have the keyboard respond. The rest of the computer boots and loads fine.

Might be  a 64 bit windows 10 os not sure

No error messages show

Have checked the seating and cleanliness of the keyboard mount

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Sultec Welcome to HP Community!

I recommend the below steps:

Perform a hard reset using the steps from this link: click here

if the issue persists, change the keyboard layout and check if it works: Click here for steps.

Also, run a hardware test to identify any issues with the keyboard: Click here for details (Interactive test) under component tests - keyboard.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sultec Welcome to HP Community!

I recommend the below steps:

Perform a hard reset using the steps from this link: click here

if the issue persists, change the keyboard layout and check if it works: Click here for steps.

Also, run a hardware test to identify any issues with the keyboard: Click here for details (Interactive test) under component tests - keyboard.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good comprehensive and detailed solution to what seems to be my dirty keyboard.

HP Recommended

@Sultec That's awesome, I'm glad I could help,

That said, if you need anything else, feel free to write back anytime 🙂

And have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.