Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thanks for that. I will look into the HP diagnostics tool, however I do nothave an advanced options tab in my BIOS in order to configure boot order.

HP Recommended

@SAMW98

Thank you for replying with the update,

I appreciate your efforts and your patience, it's not easy to do that and by doing this, you've earned my respect.
I hope I can earn your respect as well, by seeing this through till the end until the issue is resolved 🙂

That's probably because you have the new version of the BIOS system.

Here's the link for the latest BIOS versions: Click here

Awaiting your reply,
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have looked at the boot options in the BIOS and it says - os boot manager - windows boot manager - samsung ssd

boot from efi file

with regards to the extensive loop until error test for ram and drive i will do that at some other time as they take some time to complete

HP Recommended

@SAMW98

Thank you for the update,

You are right, that does take a long time,

Please take your time and reply with the results.

I'll be waiting,
have a great day, ahead 😉

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
So the boot order seems to be alright?
HP Recommended

@SAMW98

yes, the boot order seems to be alright.

Let me know about the Hardware test result if and when you are done 🙂

Awaiting your reply,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, so I have started the extensive HDD test (loop until error). The test has been going for 4 hours now and only 5% complete. This is very very slow progress. Will I let it complete. The estimated time remaining hasn't changed after the 4 hours, it said 4.5 hours remaining at the start and thats what it still says now. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@SAMW98

Thank you for replying,

The only reason a test would go so long without showing any progress, is when the hardware component has failed,

I would recommend you contact HP for a hardware replacement to resolve or fix this issue permanently.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

Click here

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So it's been testing for 4 hours but the time remaining and progress % kepp resetting. There are 7 Iterations completed. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@SAMW98

I appreciate the quick response,

Although, I'm afraid the answer remains the same and that your laptop requires a hardware service.

Let me know what you'd like to do,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.