Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-17-2022 08:50 AM - last edited on 05-17-2022 09:01 AM by Ric_ob
When I pressed the power button to on it.. It is just showing the white led turning on and also the fan sound, and the system is also slightly getting heated up.. but the screen is blank! Anyone who can help me out with.
05-20-2022 11:54 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- When was the last time it worked fine?
- Have you updated the Graphics and Chipset drivers?
- Have you checked the display on an external monitor?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
- Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (Refer to the removable and sealed battery)
BIOS default:(do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
And, also refer to the article- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01997899 , No Power or no Boot By the end of the article you will be able to isolate the issue.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community