Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-bp005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was just working on my laptop and it was eunning as normal when all of a sudden the screen went black and shut itself off. I thought it overheated so I left it for a bit in hopes it cooled off (this happened with some previous laptops of mine before). A few hours later and still nothing. It refuses to turn on from the power button, and I've just ordered a screwdriver in hopes of trying the battery trick. But I've also noticed that there's no light coming from the charging port either, so it looks like it isn't recieving any power either?

Much help would be appreciated, I'm a student and I really need my laptop up and working ASAP as I have deadlines coming up soon, and unfortunately I can't call support since their lines are shut on weekends.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Medsteph

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that you are in need of support, need not worry I'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC?

When you try to turn it on, do you hear the fan running? Or do you get any beeping noises/blinking lights?

Does the laptop shutdown right away if the charger is disconnected from the laptop?

Have you tried to use a different compatible charger and check if it helps?

Did this happen after a power surge or power outage?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up. 

Please follow all the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

Keep me posted,

For I shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi Raj,

I installed Maya 2018 and 3DS MAX 2019 the day my laptop shut itself off, but that was only a few hours earlier before the incident. Other than that I did not make any hardware changes at all.

Nothing happens at all when I try and turn it on, no lights, sound; nothing at all. There's not even any lights when I plug in the charger.

I have also tried using another compatible charger and still no response.

There was no power surge or outage while it was plugged in.

I followed these steps on the Hard Reset guide and still no luck, nothing has seemed to work. 

HP Recommended

@Medsteph

Thanks for the reply,

I'm afraid to say this could be a hardware issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for one on one interaction. 

If your product is out of warranty, then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

Have a great day ahead!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.