Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Zbook G3 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was last using my laptop on friday 7/7/2017 to play elder scrolls v: skyrim. i closed my computer when i was done, which put it into standby mode, and put it into my backpack. i didnt touch it for the entire weekend, and when i go to turn on my computer monday afternoon, the laptop will not turn on.

When not plugged in, the laptop will not do anything. when i plug in the power adapter,  the LED to indicate that its charging turns on and the power button starts flashing. this, i must add, is not the same flash as while the computer is in standby mode. it is a shorter length flash as if it is trying to flash for standby mode, but dies before it can. the flashing stops immediately when i unplug the adapter. 

i have unplugged the battery, and the flashing still happens when ac plug is connected. i have done a hard reset multiple times, holding down the power button for times ranging from 10 seconds to 1 minute, which does not seem to do any good, as the light continues to flash.

I have tried another adapter that i know works and i have the same issue.  

i reseated both ram cards and that did nothing.

i let it sit and charge for 2 hours and when i opened the lid back up, the light was still flashing at the same rate.

this flashing light, and the led next to the adapter input are the only signs that the laptop is receiving power.

i quite vexed at this point, and at the limit of my knowlege relating to this. i have some type of harware issue, and im unsure of what.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Just wondering if this was already solved. Did you tried any higher Watt of power adapter to revive the laptop?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Just wondering if this was already solved. Did you tried any higher Watt of power adapter to revive the laptop?
HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for the response. Yes, I did end up solving this issue. it was indeed the power supply. i had been using an extra one for travel, and my original one was left at home. the extra was only 75 watts and the original one was 150. the only reason that the laptop stayed charged was that i kept bringing it home and plugging it in, so it never really fully depleted.  when i relied on my 75 watt charger alone, I ran into this issue.

HP Recommended

my laptop has same issue. yesterday.. continues power led blinking when i attach power adapter. and also tried 30 40 min charging with original power adapter..   plz answer

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.