11-10-2019 08:04 AM
Since I started my laptop it said: Laptop did not start-up correctly. After trying the multiple options given (reset, fixing problem etc) I still get the same notification.
Does anyone know how I can fix this?
11-11-2019 05:45 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Firstly, perform Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
Next step, BIOS default:
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer. Once it's done uninstall the Touchpad device,
- Plug the AC adapter into the computer.
- Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and start pressing Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics menu displays, click Component Tests.
- In the Component Tests menu, click Hard Drive.
- Click the Quick Test.
- Click Run once. If the computer has more than one hard drive, click Test All Hard Drives. The Quick Test begins.
- If the computer has more than one hard drive, select the drive you want to test. To test all the hard drives, select Test All Hard Drives.
When a test is complete, the results display on the screen. Test results are also available in the Test Logs on the main menu.
If the hard drive passes the Quick Test, but a problem still exists with the hard drive, run the Extensive Test. This test includes the SMART Check, Short DST, Optimized DST, and Long DST. To run a specific test, select it from the Hard Drive Tests menu.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee