Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream 11-yO5Osa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

For about 2 days in a row my laptop/notebook has been displaying a black screen with white writing at the bottom saying “to skip disk checking press any key in 8 seconds.”

This is not the first time this has happened as it came and went spontaneously and before either occurrence I don’t recall anything being installed on the laptop/notebook.

Advice appreciated, thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Here is the support page for that model

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05534266

That line of PC's does not have a hard drive but something similar to a SSD.  Perhaps the reason it is doing that is possibly part of the file system has been corrupted and you need to run the disk check for correction.

The possibility of it happening more than once, if the disk checking routine was allowed to run, would be a failure is imminent.

As is the case with so many users - they do not have a backup plan in place.  So my advise is that you put a backup plan in place and save that important data to a separate media before that failure happens.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.