07-19-2019 11:32 AM
It restarts every time I try to shut it down. I've to drain the battery for it to shut down.
07-22-2019 09:48 AM - edited 07-22-2019 09:50 AM
Hey there! @UP10,
Try the steps recommended below.
Enable fast startup on the PC.
Press Windows key + I key to open the Settings window
Then click System
Click Power & sleep > Additional power settings
Click Choose what the power button does
Click Change settings that are currently unavailable
Uncheck Turn on fast startup and click "Save changes"
Run the Power troubleshooter
Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:
1. Open Control Panel by right click on Start Button.
2. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
3. Click on the view all option on the left panel.
4. Run the Power troubleshooter.
Try restoring the BIOS to default and check if it helps.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Also, try updating the BIOS and other drivers to the latest version using HP support assistant.
Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here
Lastly, try running a system diagnostics test on the PC and check if the hardware components on the PC are functioning correctly.
Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC. Click Here
Let me know if this helps!
Have a great day ahead! 🙂
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee