Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently got Hp elitebook 8470p, machine works fine except for the heat it produces. right side of touchpad gets really hot after using for 15-20 minutes. (without running any software, movies or games)

I downloaded couple of temperature checking utilities. They are showing one of sensor (named PCHZ or temp2) constantly at 127c. I tried finding which hardware part this sensor is related to but could not find.

Machine is fresh (no dust) refurbished. I donot have option of HP warranty.

Kindly guide me what to do, I have spent goof amount of money on this and now all that seem to be lost for nothing??

Is there a way to solve this ? can this issue be fixed by repairing? or turning off any specific hardware?? Any help would be highly appreciated. thanks lot in advance for your time.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ejihic&s=58470p heat issue

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You can replace the parts yourself if you have the skill level to do so.

Look at Page 85 for how to get the main fan out of the notebook:

HP EliteBook 8470w Mobile Workstation and HP EliteBook 8470p Notebook PC

Fan (includes cable) 641839-001

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tricky part is knowing what is wrong.

On Page 110 you will find the Heat Sink; that is a bit harder to remove.

The next trickiness is not harming anything else while you fix the broken bits.

It is easy if you have done it before - a hundred times.  It can be down right scary if you have one computer and you have never taken it apart.

Inside My Laptop

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP will fix that notebook - even without a warranty.  It will cost you some money, of course.

You can also take the notebook to any reputable repair house that you trust.

You can take the notebook to the local college.  College kids breathe this stuff -- you can probably get a college geek to fix the notebook.  Go to the IT department.

Good Luck!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

See a Post that is useful - or that teaches you something you did not know?

Your HP Experts are here to help.

Click the Kudos Star!  It is a great “Thank You” for the Author.

Solved?  Click this Post "Accept as Solution" to help others find a Fix.

Year of the Dragon 2012   Year of the Snake 2013

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
My brand new HP Revolve 810 also shows PCHZ as 127 degrees all the time. I thought it was related to my fan almost constantly running high. I just got the laptop back from the HP depot where they replaced a defective fan and now it is quiet, but at least 2 hardware monitoring tools (speedfan and CPUID) both still say the PCHZ temp is 127 degrees. It obviously isn't registering correctly via BIOS. I just booted it up cold after shipping and it doesn't feel warm at all.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.