Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-by0101ng ProdID:4GL86EA#ABD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday i was updated the bios on my HP Notebook - 17-by0101ng (ProdID:4GL86EA#ABD) with the latest bios update  

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112001-112500/sp112135.exe

After writing the bios the laptop restarted and never came back from black screen.

When i press the power button there is lighting up the power led , and the fan starts for no more than 3-4 sec and then restarts again.

I followed

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

the steps for HP Notebook PCs - Recovering the BIOS (Basic Input Output System). 

I try to create a USB flash recovery bios with the software provided in sp112135 , but there is not creating the USB drive bootable , so when i  follow the steps :

1. Turn off the notebook that requires the BIOS recovery, and then wait 5 to 10 seconds.
  2. Make sure the power cord is connected to the notebook. Keep it connected during the recovery process.
  3. Insert the USB flash drive with the BIOS file into an available USB port on the notebook.
  4. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.
  5. Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.
    • If a message displays that the computer improperly shut down or a boot problem is detected, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the error.
    • If HP BIOS Update does not display or the issue persists, your computer might not support this function or there is a hard drive issue. Contact HP Customer Support for assistance.
    The HP BIOS Update screen displays and the recovery begins automatically. Follow any on-screen prompts to continue the startup and complete the recovery.
  6. nothing happens , it is just starting the fun continuous and still no boot menu   because the flash drive is not booting .

My laptop is powering on and black screen without any beeps or caps lock light or something. 

The software provided by hp to try to Create Recovery USB flash drive is not creating any bootable flash drive ( it is just copying the HP FOLDER ) , so please provide me in a private message   with the ISO image for the bios which i can burn it on a flash drive .

Thanks and hope someone will help me to recover my laptop.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@balanadi, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We reviewed your post and I understand that the  Notebook is not Powering ON,

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps

Do you see a light at the place where the charger connects to the laptop? If yes then it indicates that the charger is all fine.

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.

F6 + Power Button

• CMOS Rest ( combination of windows button and letter 'V' then push the power button ones and release the windows and letter 'V' after 5sec

If the laptop does not power on then please continue with the below steps:

• Disconnect the charger and remove the battery out.
  • Connect only the battery and check if the laptop powers on.
  • Likewise, remove the battery out (if removal battery ) and connect only the charger, and check if that helps.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Nothing was working from any suggested   steps , the laptop was powering on and after 3 seconds was shutting off.

I try to use recovery flash usb with the HP TOOLS , but after pressing windows key + B key , nothing .

I called Hp Support from Romania and they told me that it is possible that the motherboard to be dead.

After 2 days of looking for answers , i manage to buy CH341A-based programmer to flash SPI EEPROM and i manage to read the bios which it was completely broken , so i was trying to flash one of the recommended sp112135 which includes 084C8.bin ,084CE.bin images of 8,192 mb and 0865A.bin, 08530.bin images of 16,384 mb.

After trying to flash one by one , the only one who was working was 084C8.bin which gives me the manufacturing unlock on bios , and it does not keep my motherboard serial number and all the details .

I hope someone will manage to provide me the original image for my laptop in order to flash it with the serial number and the HP slic in order to be able to use the activation of windows ,

I am very disappointed because after the regular update of the bios with the HP insydeflash , as HP recommended  , the laptop was dead . This is not acceptable from a very important manufactured as HP.

I hope someone will think twice before updating the bios , specially on the new windows 10 .

HP Recommended

Hi @balanadi

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

I understand that my laptop  device is out of warranty , but i do not understand how an original bios update from the Hp could brake the laptop and no one can help recovering .

Even if it is out of warranty, when i bought an HP laptop i was taking in consideration the stability and many years of HP development in the computer business .

As i can see in the Hp forum , i am not the only  one having this big problem after updating the bios , and still they could not find a recovery solution for such a very important issue.

Hope that someone will provide me with an bios bin image for my laptop as it was before being destroyed by a faulty bios update.

Kind Regards!!! 

HP Recommended

Looks like nobody from HP cares about !!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.