Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 17-an0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

While playing games, when plugged in, my laptop sometimes restarts ( maybe once per day or maybe 20 times ), but recently i discovered that this only happens when the laptop is plugged in.

While searching for a solution i ran a system test from HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows and it came back with no errors. I also ran a battery check from HP support site. In the event log the only critical error that is displayed is Kernel-Power (70368744177664),(2) but this states : The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. 

But this critical error is always after another error that states source : volmgr ; Keywords clasic And its description is Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

Could you help me identity the issue?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Andrei-Sista Welcome to HP Community!

I suggest you check with an alternate power adapter, and another wall outlet to be safe,

Also, check if the issue occurs while you are in safe mode: click here for details.

here's what else you need to do, start with a hard reset as per HP standards: Click here for details.

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. Windows could be set to restart automatically when certain system errors occur. A BIOS update can also resolve the issue. Use the information in this document to resolve issues with the computer restarting unexpectedly.

If the computer restarts unexpectedly and then does not start to Windows, see one of the following documents for steps to resolve this issue:

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Also, have you attempted to capture any error message that appears before or after the device restarts?

Did you try updating the BIOS to resolve the issue? (If not, please click here to find and install it)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Andrei-Sista Welcome to HP Community!

I suggest you check with an alternate power adapter, and another wall outlet to be safe,

Also, check if the issue occurs while you are in safe mode: click here for details.

here's what else you need to do, start with a hard reset as per HP standards: Click here for details.

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. Windows could be set to restart automatically when certain system errors occur. A BIOS update can also resolve the issue. Use the information in this document to resolve issues with the computer restarting unexpectedly.

If the computer restarts unexpectedly and then does not start to Windows, see one of the following documents for steps to resolve this issue:

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Also, have you attempted to capture any error message that appears before or after the device restarts?

Did you try updating the BIOS to resolve the issue? (If not, please click here to find and install it)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, @Riddle_Decipher

Thanks for your quick response even tough its the holydays, The problem was the power adapter, in some positions ( of the adapter ) the laptop did not restart ( for 2 days ) then i happened again and I got a difrent one and it doesn't restart anymore.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

@Andrei-Sista That's awesome, I'm glad it worked,

Remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,

We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and happy holidays 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.