Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Laptop 17-ak0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I am trying to boot up my laptop, but after a few minutes (1-2min) it shows me shortly (1sec) the windows locking screen and shuts down.

I entered protected mode and changed a few things, to no avail. 

I also did enter the "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI" and did an extensive test which results in following result:

20240510_191617.jpg

 My question: Am I right to assume that the primary battery is fried? While on the cable, it did not turn off in protected mode or in the diagnostics menu, which makes it hard for me to believe that the normal windows OS isn't able to work on the cable as well.

Hope for clarifications and answers. 

Thank you in advance. 

Model HP: HP Laptop 17-ak0xx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.