Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-11-2021 12:37 PM
When i turn on Laptop it do not turn up . Only caplocks button start blinking.
I tried multiple time and same result ..not turn on..I have clean fan. Power plug show white light.
02-13-2021 02:25 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- When was the last time it worked fine?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (Refer to the removable and sealed battery)
BIOS default:(do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
03-06-2021 12:08 PM
Yes. This happened after recent window 10 update.
After 1 month with out usage, i click on power button and it started to work Normal. i have restarted the laptop from start menu and worked fine. When i click the power button then it do not turn on and again show capslock blinking 3 long and 2 short. can it be mother board issue?
I went to local repair shop and he mentioned that mother board is gone which i don't feel correct.
03-06-2021 02:46 PM
Thank you for posting back.
I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like hardware related issue with the system board and in order to fix this issue, your computer needs to be serviced. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.
I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee