Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bw038na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

My laptop has been having issues turning off instantly at seemingly random times.

Sometimes it can stay on for hours and be fine, others it will turn off only minutes after being turned on. At times it will also turn off the moment i pick it up after leaving it on a desk. There are no new BIOS updates or anything like that and it has passed all hardware diagnostics. I thought it could be overheating but the total randomness of shutting down does not make sense in that case. 

Don't really know what to do here. I would appreciate any and all help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Nerevaneet

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the steps. I'd suggest you try re-installing the operating system. Back-up the data and try these steps - 

1. Shutdown the computer. 
2. Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3. Press F11 once for System Recovery. 
4. Choose the Keyboard Layout. 
5. Click on Troubleshoot. 
6. Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery. 
Note : Back-up all your data as System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.