Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Had to use recovery via USB stick which came with laptop. 

Gets as far as restarting when message reads - recovery wasn't complete 

Please advise

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the recovery media didn't work, make a bootable W10 installation flash drive using the media creation tool from the link below. 

Make the 64 bit installation media.

You will need to have access to another Windows PC running Windows 7 64 bit or newer to create the installation media, and an 8 GB USB flash drive.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Install W10 with the media created by the media creation tool.

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Recommended

hi 

sorry for late response but windows 10 an be a pain.

finally followed advise process and eventually got my laptop out of the startup loop but have had nymerous problems to resolve with bios  and drivers.

now the problem is a slow startup and the laptop seems to have a delay for a second or two before anything happens

any ideas where i should be trying next/

also the internal memory is only 4gb can more memory make a difference?

HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook's memory can be upgraded, that would probably help somewhat.

I recommend that you install the HP support assistant and see if that will find any drivers you are missing...

HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site

Click on the orange download button on the upper right side of the page.

HP Recommended

Have gone through that process and ran all the diagnostic tests and everything come back as passed. 

Bios was out of date but even having updated that the laptop is only running a little better. 

Startup is fairly slow with nothing happening onscreen until suddenly up pops my desktop. 

Where do I go next?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that I do not know.

HP Recommended

Thanks for help it's appreciated. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.