Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Can you confirm if HP Command Center still works after applying this workaround?

HP Recommended

Hi ErickdjEnvy15,

I left my computer on sleep last night and it woke up a few times. So the fix with the Intel Watchdog Timer driver does not work unfortunately. It does work temporarily but for some reason the laptop wakes itself up. Good news is that my computer does crash however like it did before.

I will be trying the XTUOCDriverService today.

HP Recommended

@Anonymous_User1

Thanks for trying that out and keeping us posted.  Hopefully HP can release a fix for this problem soon.

HP Recommended

I've made factory reset, and laptop go to sleep normally till... I start HP Command centre utility. After that problem appears

HP Recommended

Ive just uninstalled the HP command centre and put my computer to sleep. 

After that my computer auto started after 20secs and all my apps that I had on the screen crashed. Great work HP!

HP Recommended

for me helped this

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-restarts-when-put-to-sleep/m-p/7822227...

cause when this service is stopped everything works fine

• In the Control Panel, select Administrative Tools and open Services.
  • Scroll down to XTUOCDriverService and double-click it to bring up its properties.
  • Click Stop to stop the service from running.
  • Change the Startup Type to disabled (or switched-off, cause dont know what exactly word used in english, NOT AUTO, NOT MANUAL) and click OK.

but after that HP command center not working and asking download update, after installing update it starts and starts XTUOCDriverService and problem appears again

So.

it goes to sleep well if (one of these actions):

- I stop and disable XTUOCDriverService

- I uninstall HP Commande center

HP Recommended

HP support suggested this, and it has worked! 

To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:

1. Launch Device Manager .
  2. Click View .
  3. Select Show hidden devices .
  4. Locate the Intel Watchdog Timer Driver device under the System Devices node.
  5. Right-click the device and select Uninstall device .
  6. Check the Delete the driver software for this device option.
  7. Select Uninstall .
  8. Restart the computer to confirm if the issue is resolved.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.