Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-10-2022 07:05 PM
I was just helping a friend with something on discord when my laptop just suddenly it shut of on its own. A little bit ago the laptops bottom was overheating and the brick for its charger was overheating but now they aren't. Now the laptop is not turning on and when I tried to it just flashed 3 white lights on the right side. Model Is hp envy 17m ae111dx
10-18-2022 08:08 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
I see that your HP notebook does not power on.
Please follow the steps listed below to perform a hard reset on the unit.
1. Power off the laptop. In this case press and hold the power button for a few seconds to power it off
2. Remove the battery out if removable. If the battery is not removable then leave it inside.
3. Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
4. Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
5. Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
6. Power ON the laptop.
You may also refer to this HP document.
Let me know if this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community