Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 15-ba079dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I am having trouble with my laptop during the start up process.

It turns on fine, reaches the hp loading screen and then gets stuck. The logo disappears and all I see is a black screen and the five circles spinning in a circle.

I checked the bios and all hardware passes the tests

Please advise
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

There might be a software issue. There are 3 ways to fix this problem

>>System restore:

1. Shut down your notebook.
  2. Boot into system recovery (press f11 repeatedly as soon as you press the power button)
  3. Select Troubleshoot.
  4. Select advanced options.
  5. Select System Restore.
  6. Follow on-screen instructions.

>>Startup Repair

2. Boot into system recovery.
  3. Select Troubleshoot.
  4. Select Startup Repair.
  5. Follow on-screen instructions.

>>System Reset.

3. Select Troubleshoot.
  4. Select Reset this PC>>Keep personal files. [Note: Some windows 10 editions have refresh option Select Refresh this PC (if available)]

>>Reinstall Windows.

1. On another PC visit this page and download windows media creation tool.
  2. Select English windows 10 (64).
  3. Select create bootable media for another PC.
  4. Select Create ISO.
  5. Download Rufus and plug in 8GB or large USB flash drive.
  6. start Rufus, under "Partitioning scheme and target system type" drop-down menu select "GPT partitioning scheme for UEFI computer"
  7. Tick "Create a bootable disk using" option (second last option) >>Select ISO image from drop-down menu>>locate windows 10 iso by clicking on a small square button.
  8. Now plug in this USB to your defective notebook.
  9. Press f9 repeatedly as soon as you press the power button.
  10. select USB drive you just created.
  11. On installation directory page simply click on next. (Windows setup will select C drive automatically).
  12. Once installation complete you can recover your personal files from C:\windows.old\users\%username%

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

There might be a software issue. There are 3 ways to fix this problem

>>System restore:

2. Boot into system recovery (press f11 repeatedly as soon as you press the power button)
  3. Select Troubleshoot.
  4. Select advanced options.
  5. Select System Restore.
  6. Follow on-screen instructions.

>>Startup Repair

3. Select Troubleshoot.
  4. Select Startup Repair.

>>System Reset.

3. Select Troubleshoot.
  4. Select Reset this PC>>Keep personal files. [Note: Some windows 10 editions have refresh option Select Refresh this PC (if available)]

>>Reinstall Windows.

1. On another PC visit this page and download windows media creation tool.
  2. Select English windows 10 (64).
  3. Select create bootable media for another PC.
  4. Select Create ISO.
  5. Download Rufus and plug in 8GB or large USB flash drive.
  6. start Rufus, under "Partitioning scheme and target system type" drop-down menu select "GPT partitioning scheme for UEFI computer"
  7. Tick "Create a bootable disk using" option (second last option) >>Select ISO image from drop-down menu>>locate windows 10 iso by clicking on a small square button.
  8. Now plug in this USB to your defective notebook.
  9. Press f9 repeatedly as soon as you press the power button.
  10. select USB drive you just created.
  11. On installation directory page simply click on next. (Windows setup will select C drive automatically).
  12. Once installation complete you can recover your personal files from C:\windows.old\users\%username%

HP Recommended
Thank you for your help Pritam2015! The advice you gave was perfectly detailed and helped me resolve my issue.

I first tried the startup repair but that did not fix the issue. Next I did the system reset and that ended up fixing the problem. Thank you again for your help
HP Recommended
Someone help my screen goes hp then the swirl keeps circling but nothing happens. I tried the advice above but when it says system reboot at bottom left of screen it goes black (more blue) again.
Someone help. Thanks
HP Recommended

hello!

i press f11 and then i get "please wait with hp logo screen " and after that i get same problem "cursor spinning with black screen", i just cant see the options u gave, what should i do about that.

HP Recommended
Hello Gab,

If I remember correctly I don’t think F11 worked for me either. However just google “how to boot into system recovery (insert Name of OS)”. There will be countless sources that detail how to boot into system recovery. Once you do that try following the instructions listed above
HP Recommended

I know this is am older thread,  but someone like me may be doing a search, come across this,  and need some help.  

How I got into the system recovery was to turn off my computer, unplug the power, and then hit the power button to turn it back on.  I then immediately held down the Control button as I quickly and repeatedly pressed the F11. After about  thirty seconds the screen color changed and I realized that I was beyond the HP logo with the spinning circle.  At this screen I then had options to use to attempt to fix my laptop.  I hope this helps someone else that's trying to fix their laptop.  

HP Recommended

I tried just about everything. Laptop stayed stuck at black screen with only F2 and F12 as options. Neither worked. The repeated pressing of F11 thing did the trick. Thank you so much. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.