11-08-2018 12:52 PM
When i try to restart my computer its stuck on the text and never restarts amd thats a problem for me because my driver updates need restarting and they will be stuck.
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-09-2018 12:36 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums,
We'll be with you until it's all sorted & beyond!
Have you attempted to install all available updates using the HP Support Assistant?
(Click here to find and install the same, if you haven't done that yet)
If the issue persists, try the below steps:
1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Turn off your WiFi, or take the laptop to an area where there isn't any WiFi. (If connected via Ethernet, unplug it.)
3. Turn on the laptop.
4. Once it fully loads, then turn on your WiFi again.
It should work now. Sometimes (especially in 10) updates, including those that come after a reset, can get the computer stuck. It happens when an update fails, for whatever reason, and the device continually tries to get it to install over and over. Leaving you 'stuck'. Until you take away its ability to continue trying the update, hence the no WiFi, then it should load.
If the above doesn't help, try the below steps:
1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.
NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.
Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop unless you've got the data stored/backed up into an external storage device.
FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE
(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee
11-11-2018 08:41 AM
Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!
I am responding on behalf of @Riddle_Decipher as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.
If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.
Good day! Take care 🙂
I am an HP Employee