Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360 convertible 15-bp010ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

My envy x360 laptop will not power up at all. The charging light illuminates when plugged in (orange while charging and white while fully charged). When I push the power button, it will illuminate as if it’s trying to power up. The cpu fan does not turn on and the power button will flash once and then illuminate again steady for a minute before turning off.  

For the past 6-8 months, I was having trouble with the pc.  When it would go into sleep mode it would have trouble waking up. And it would take a long time trying to get it to boot up.  So I set it to never go into sleep mode.  Problem temporarily adverted. Worked great until someone unplugged it until it eventually died and now it will not power up whatsoever. I pulled off the base and inspected the motherboard and didn’t find anything out of the ordinary.  If the cpu fan will not spin, will it prevent the pc from booting up?  Anything else I can check? Help!!   Appreciate any advice. Thanks 

**Edit** - After spending some time reading on the boards I found this to be a pretty common issue and likely motherboard. I still would appreciate any help going forward.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jimbosliice 

The underlying problem is if the battery is dead, the laptop is not going to power up -- even on the charger.  Additionally, most of these models are sealed with no battery access door, so it's not a simple matter of simply opening a door and swapping in a charged battery.

Unfortunately, we are NOT HP Tech Support and we have no way to diagnose or repair your PC, so while this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about troubleshooting and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet to check out the problems.

If they are unable to fix your PC, then you need to explore what options you have to get it replaced under the warranty.
To contact HP Support Goto this page https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the battery suggestion. I will consider trying a new battery before I give up.  The unit is no longer under warranty, so if it is indeed the motherboard, I’m not sure replacing it is the most cost effective route to take. Even though I am able to do the work myself.

thanks again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.