Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs078nr

Let me preface: this computer has done this before, all with no falls or jostles. The tech support helped me do a couple fancy maneuvers and I was able to get it working again. Now, both the "extended" warranty and the factory have expired.

The computer tends to lock up a lot. It was giving me grief earlier in the day, and I was working on something without it. When I returned to the computer, it had shut itself off. When I turned it back on, it won't boot past the HP screen. Earlier it said it was attempting repairs, but it did not finish anything. Last time we fixed this issue it was some combination of a restore point, battery removal and some keystrokes during the boot up. Help please!! I am a college student and I still have 2 finals with lockdown browsers required, 1 essay and a ton of Statistics homework I still need to get through before May 4th 😭

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ThatsMyJAM

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

This sounds like hardware related issue with the computer as it's not booting up. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674 to know more about HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.