Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp envy bang & olufsen
My laptop got wet. I took it on a sailing course. It wasn't immersed and in pretty sure the water was from a fresh water source that was cleaning the boat. But it died and I haven't gotten it to respond to the charger or start since. I'm not sure what my options are. I bought it at Best Buy in March. Paid about 1000 for it. Is there anything I can do? I've waited about a month since it happened but no change. It's further complicated by the sailing course being in Spain. Not sure info should just pull out the hard drive and replace the laptop or if there is some way to send it to HP to have them look at it or what. Can someone please give me some advice? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mraymus wrote:
My laptop got wet. I took it on a sailing course. It wasn't immersed and in pretty sure the water was from a fresh water source that was cleaning the boat. But it died and I haven't gotten it to respond to the charger or start since. I'm not sure what my options are. I bought it at Best Buy in March. Paid about 1000 for it. Is there anything I can do? I've waited about a month since it happened but no change. It's further complicated by the sailing course being in Spain. Not sure info should just pull out the hard drive and replace the laptop or if there is some way to send it to HP to have them look at it or what. Can someone please give me some advice? Thanks

Hi,

Your only option is by sending the computer for repair. Replacing the hard drive is not a guaranteed fix since this will fall under "Customer induced damage" and theres a cost for that. Accidental damage is not covered by the hardware replacement warranty. The cost will fall roughly $300-$400 plus state tax.

HP Support number 1800 474 6836

Just provide with the computer's serial and product number and they will help you send the computer for repair.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended
Ok. So how do I go about doin that? I did take all the screws out and cracked it open hoping it would dry out better and then out all the screws back in. Do you need to send me an RMA number or something?
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need to call HP support stated above.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.