Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-ax237tx Laptop PC

HP OMEN NOTEBOOK

REPLACED OLD BATTERY, BATTERY CHARGED UP OK BUT NOTEBOOK WON'T BOOT.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Blaser32,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

Let us try these steps and see if it makes any difference. If this does not help boot your pc, then it may be a hardware issue.

POWER DRAIN:

Please disconnect all the devices and cables connected to your computer including the power cable and then press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds and connect the power cable back again and try to power on the computer.

CBR:

Press windows key and then followed by the key "B" this time and then the power button for around 3-4 seconds, then release the power button and continue to hold windows+B for 3-4 seconds more

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Blaser32,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

Let us try these steps and see if it makes any difference. If this does not help boot your pc, then it may be a hardware issue.

POWER DRAIN:

Please disconnect all the devices and cables connected to your computer including the power cable and then press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds and connect the power cable back again and try to power on the computer.

CBR:

Press windows key and then followed by the key "B" this time and then the power button for around 3-4 seconds, then release the power button and continue to hold windows+B for 3-4 seconds more

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Blaser32,

We haven’t heard from you, this post is in reference to the thread you created on your friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community).

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you.

If you have any other queries, feel free to reach out to us.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Many thanks for your reply. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. As it turned out I had a friend who used to do IT support and he remembered they had a similar problem when replacing batteries in a bunch of HP laptops. His solution was to disconnect the new battery, plug in charger only, laptop then booted up no problems. He then reconnected the new battery (which was already fully charged) whilst laptop was booted up. Charge light came on green. We then disconnected charger, shutdown the laptop then booted up again. It worked!! Laptop has been working fine. However, this goes back to an issue I had when I first bought the laptop. Sometimes when running off battery it would go flat, of course, but when I plugged it into the charger the charge light would not come on and the laptop would not boot. The solution that worked was leave laptop disconnected from charger for an hour or two, then plug in charger and if the charge light came on it would boot up. HP support replaced the mother board under warranty, but this did not solve the problem. Didn't matter, I work in remote places and I had learned how to deal with this issue until it came time to replace a very dead battery. My friend suspects a problem in the power control circuitry, I suspect a firmware problem. I have saved your solution for future reference, but I suspect this is very similar to the solution given to me over the phone by HP support some years ago prior to escalating to replacing the mother board. Otherwise, my HP Omen has proven to be very robust, does everything I need it to do and I hope to add a couple more years to an already 5yo (personal record for laptop longevity) machine which has been bounced around in planes, trains and automobiles. 

PS. Your AI on spelling and punctuation is annoyingly smart.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.