Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hard drive failed 😞 can't believe i bought an overpriced lemon.. haa if anyone thinks is possible to atleast get it back on and sees this tonight or anytime after now.. haa please help!! 😞 thank you...
HP Recommended
My computer is doing the same thing and my warrenty just ran out. If it is the hard drive will I loose all my pictures? And if so is there any way of getting them back I have a baby and will lose every picture I have of her.
HP Recommended

my laptop stopped responding by stucking at the hp logo when i tried to start my laptop in safe mode after setting the bootmenupolicy to legacy.( as it showed up the 'System Thread Exception Not Handled' while i was trying to connect via data card to internet.

I am using dual boot window 8 with 8GB RAM and 1TB HDD.

I have a hp pavilion notebook 15 which is under warranty till 2016.

I even performed the test on hard drive and memory, everything passed.

Please help.

I  have a major project submission soon. I am worried.

Thanks.

HP Recommended
I have same with laptop Elitebook 8460w, it freeze in main window that show HP logo and not accept any function keys F11,F10,F9,F8 other only F2 and F1 accept. I removed the battery and rollback the BIOS , change ram all same. The funny points I did diagnose for HD ,RAM, START UP ALL SHOWING pass
HP Recommended
If you want to reformat the drive then a computer whizz can copy the files off the drive before you wipe it by putting the drive into another PC.
well thanks for the topic .I'll must add this on siyasat.pk
HP Recommended

Hi there, I'm having similar problems to others who have posted on this thread... freezing issue with nothing but the spinning logo and not booting, can anyone inform me what this diagnostic means please.

HP Pavillion g6 NOTEBOOK PC

Processor Check: PASSED

Hard Drive SMART Check: PASSED
Hard Drive Short DST Check: FAILED

FAILURE ID: 0GC0QK-6B17GK-MFPX0K-60V603
PRODUCT ID: C8D23EA#ABU

Hard Drive 1

System Extensive Test: FAILED

20150119_171523.jpg

HP Recommended
Could you please provide me with the guide to replace my hard drive for hp2000 notebook that has a hard drive short Dst failure.
HP Recommended
I have a hp pavilion 15 notebook pc and I have tyres many things but there is not one that has worked yet it's still getting stuck on the hp loading screen and turning of then going back on to it please help I'm 13 I don't have much experience with this sort of thing
HP Recommended

I had the same problem. I took out the big battery at the back and it booted up correctly. Problem was a bad battery.

HP Recommended
Hi, Iam facing the issue with my Hp pavilion laptop. Screen stuck at hp loading screen. Please help me to solve this issue a soon as possible
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.