Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp spectre x360 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop was working, I set it down, screen went out. Can't get it to come back on. When I push the power button the charging light begins to blink but does not power up. I have tried a different charger.

Any help would be appreciated.

hp spectre x360 13 inch bought in 2017

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Your description presents two likely possibilities. 1) The DJ Jack is damaged described as the the laptop does not power up. 2) The LCD or another piece of hardware was damaged when you "set it down."

Start with the DC Jack. There should be an LED next the port that you plug your ac adapter in. Does the LED light up when you have the AC Adapter plugged into the wall and then into the laptop's dc jack? If not then it may be a problem with the DC Jack. I am unsure if the DC Jack on your unit is soldered to the motherboard or is separate. If the laptop is under warranty then I would call HP support.

If the LED lights up when you have the AC Adapter plugged into power and your laptop but you still do not receive a display then the issue could be with your LCD screen. If you have an HDMI port on the laptop to connect an external display then I would connect one at that time. If you receive a display on the external monitor then you know the issue is with your LCD display.

Its clear you are dealing with a hardware issue and that another piece of hardware (motherboard perhaps) maybe damaged.

Good luck with your troubleshooting and I am curious as to the outcome.

HP Recommended

I took it to a repair shop and was told the motherboard is bad.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.