Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 655 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, please How can I start up my HP 655 Notebook PC without pressing enter or any key on my keyboard during booting.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Guselove 

With a notebook PC, when you press the power button, you see some LEDs light up and then generally get a message on the screen something to the effect of "press Esc to Start" -- which would display the HP Startup Menu.

But that message generally clears within 30 seconds or so, the HP logo generally then appears, and eventually you get a Windows login screen where you enter a password or a pin code.

What is happening -- in detail -- with your PC?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

When I power on my HP 655 notebook PC, it will bring an information which will instruct me to press enter key to start. At this stage, all the keys on my keyboard will stop working unless I use an external keyboard. After the startup stage my keyboard start working for the window login screen stage. Thanks for the reply 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.