Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp laptop 15-bw053od
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I log on the screen goes blank with mouse curser only showing and takes about 7 minutes for the home screen to appear.  This is new computer and happened after Windows did an update and restarted.

Thanks

Mingo34

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have been spreading the love with a fix for this.

On my Spectre x360 I had to wait 10 minutes for the desktop to come up. My fix I got from HP Chat Support is once you are in windows with the desktop type msconfig in the search and open it. Under the services tab disable App Readiness.

The issue came in with a recent Windows 10 update.

Hope this solves it for you.

I am a meat popsicle.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have been spreading the love with a fix for this.

On my Spectre x360 I had to wait 10 minutes for the desktop to come up. My fix I got from HP Chat Support is once you are in windows with the desktop type msconfig in the search and open it. Under the services tab disable App Readiness.

The issue came in with a recent Windows 10 update.

Hope this solves it for you.

I am a meat popsicle.
HP Recommended

I disabled App Resources and it cured the problem.

Thanks

Mingo34

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.