05-18-2020 08:27 AM - edited 05-26-2020 01:33 PM
My laptop was just running a quick av scan (windows defender, nothing found), and I was doing some work, but then it made a loud buzzing noise through my headphones, locked up, and I had to power cycle it. Thanks in advance.
AMD ryzen 3 3200u 2-core with radeon vega mobile Gfx
8gb DDR4 RAM
AMI BIOS F.17, latest
Reliability monitor shows a rating of 5/10 (highest ever was 7, 5 is normal)
Edit: PLEASE respond
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-28-2020 03:36 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- When was the last time it worked fine?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
05-29-2020 05:26 PM
think I might need to put in a warranty claim, i have too many problems:
I am very careful with my PC, and it just out of the blue happened. Worked fine right before, and just started. Needed a hard reset