cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
theallank
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Memory Quick Check : FAILED

HP Recommended
Probook 640 g1

Hi, 

I've  a ProBook 640 g1 that's stuck in a boot loop. It goes all the way to the windows logo before shutting down and restarting everytime. I ran a hardware diagnostics on the memory and no matter how many times I change the RAM modules, it still brings up "Memory Quick Check : FAILED" with FAILURE ID : 0U3Q1S-83WA5V-MFGK6J-005N03.

What could be the problem? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
141,522 65,086 22,092 34,016
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The error code reported seems to indicate a problem with the motherboard...I have deleted the serial number of your notebook from the report.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
0U3Q1S-83WA5V-MFGK6J-005N03OKXXXXXXXXXX7/7/200System/Processor BoardBackplane Board, System Board, Processor, Processor BoardBGA integrity

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The error code reported seems to indicate a problem with the motherboard...I have deleted the serial number of your notebook from the report.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
0U3Q1S-83WA5V-MFGK6J-005N03OKXXXXXXXXXX7/7/200System/Processor BoardBackplane Board, System Board, Processor, Processor BoardBGA integrity
theallank
Author
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much Sir for your prompt response. So is this in any way recoverable or would I need a whole new motherboard? 

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I am not a PC repair tech by trade or training, so I don't know what you need to do to fix the problem.

I would suspect a new motherboard would be required, since it would be probably hard to find the what is the failed component on the board.

I think when things like that happen, it is easier to just buy an new or refurbished PC.

No doubt you can find a perfectly good used but tested and working Probook 640 G1 on eBay.

theallank
Author
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation