Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Version 1.01 of the Electronic Label Restore Tool did correct my issue.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_162255_1&lang=en&cc=us&hprpt_id=HPGL_AL...

HP Recommended

:smileyvery-happy:Thank you "ezwetzig" this version worked for my 745 g3 after the 1.08 BIOS update!!!!

Spoiler

HP Recommended

The Restore Tool v1 or v1.01 didn´t work for me.

It say´s "the disk selected is not a removable device" .. 

i have tested it with many USB Sticks ..  up to 6 pieces .. but no one will work.

What can i do?

Please HP, give me a new BIOS Update without this Issue.

My Machine .. Elitebook 745 G3  T4H61EA#ABD

HP Recommended

You can do everything manually.  I don't think it's all that complicated.

* Download the E-Label tool (sp74950.exe).

* Get a USB drive and format it (FAT32 recommended).  Make sure it's accessible and remember its drive letter (e.g. F:)

* Get a command prompt and go to where the tool is.

* sp74950.exe -e

* This will ask where to extract it.  Point it to the USB drive.

* -e option will make it extract the files and nothing else.

* Edit the startup.nsh on the USB drive and get rid of 2 lines that says "UefiBiosConfig.efi -setconfig=BIOS.TXT"

* Reboot the system and get into the BIOS and change some settings.

* Set boot option to "Legacy Support Disable and Secure Boot Disable"

* Enable UEFI boot.

* Make sure USB boot is enabled and make it the first one in the UEFI Boot Order.

* Make sure to disable Fast Boot.

*** Remember all the original settings because you're going to want to restore them all manually.

* Reboot.  It should, in theory, boot from the USB stick and run the ELabel\ElectronicLabelRestore.efi

* Hopefully it was successful.

* Reboot and go back into BIOS and restore the settings.

* Reboot again and it should be all good.

* Extra credit.  If you go into the EELabel\E-Label\<your machine SKU>\

* You'll find ElabelRestore.jpg

* You can edit it a little bit before you run the tool and that image will get installed.  And every time you go into BIOS and select Electronic Label, you'll get to see that image.

* There's going to be size limit and the original image is mostly white background with some lettering, so it compresses well.  Putting a completely different and complex image probably won't work.  I used gimp to put a huge text at the unused space at the bottom and saved it without changing JPEG quality.  It worked fine for me.

* Note if you do this, I don't think you can replace it again, so don't replace the image if you think you're going to regret it.

* What did I put in my image?  Something like, "HP S**KS"

HP Recommended

We have the same problem here , tool is not working , sku L8K51AV is not in the Elabel dir. , there is no ELabelBack​up.bin on any drive since we have imaged the laptops with our own image, can we disable this annoying message at boot?

I was able to create a bios.txt with the tool (after modifing the elupdate script) and also tried to make a dir in Elabel with the correct SKU, but no success, also changed the SKU number in bios.txt to an existing one, but that didnt work either.

English
Product Name
 HP EliteBook 725 G3
Processor 1 Type
 AMD PRO A8-8600B R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G
Processor 1 Speed
 1600 MHz
Processor 1 Cache Size (L1/L2/L3)
 320 KB / 2 MB / 0
Processor 1 MicroCode Revision
Processor 1 Stepping
Processor 1 Top-Slot 1(left)
 4 GB Samsung
Processor 1 Top-Slot 2(right)
 Empty
SKU Number
 L8K51AV
Memory Size
 4096 MB
System Board CT Number
 PFLCC00WB9R0CK
Primary Battery Serial Number
 25713 2015/11/18
Product Family
 103C_5336AN G=N L=BUS B=HP S=ELI

HP Recommended

If 1.01 version of the tool is not recognizing your machines' SKU, then I don't think there's any other way around it than to deal with the customer support.  Just call them.  If you don't succeed with the first call, try again.  The first support agent I got was useless, but the second was very helpful and got me a custom version, which probably became the 1.01 version.

HP Recommended

I found an laptop(same type) which bios is 1.02 , old one with a correct E label, and was able to make a ElabelBackup.bin from it with the bios update 1.08 tools (b.bat). if i rename elabelBackup.bin to jpg there was the electronic label. But now is the question how do i flash the ElabelBackup.bin to the laptop with the missing E label ?

HP Recommended

From HP support a modfied tool received , version 1.0.0.2 , problem solved.

HP Recommended

Hi, I've got same problem. Could you please send me a new version (1.0.0.2) of this e-label restore tool. Or put it on www or ftp?
Thx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.