Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-n204ej
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Team,

I've HP Pavillion 15-n204ej whenever I start my notebook it is not showing splash screen/logo of HP during startup, there is a black screen for few seconds afterwards it directly take me to the Windows logo n windows starts normally. My only concern is why it is not showing HP logo on the startup window.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Thunder16, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you don't see an HP logo during the startup of your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your laptop?

Are you able to boot into BIOS?

Have you tried checking with a different adapter or battery?

Do you see any blinking lights on your PC?

As you mentioned when you power on your PC you don't see HP logo on your PC and it directly boots into windows.

The notebook is working as intended. Many HP notebook PC platforms no longer display the HP logo during the startup sequence. This allows the startup sequence to proceed more rapidly than before.

Refer this article to know more information about No HP Logo at startups. Link: https://hp.care/2JQFBd5

Try the steps recommended below.

To perform a hard reset on a computer with a removable battery, use the following steps:
Turn off the computer.
Disconnect the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, then press the Enter key.
After reconnecting each of the peripheral devices, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers.

Also, Try restoring the BIOS to default.

1.    Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2.    Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
3.    On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
4.    Press F10 to Save and Exit.
5.    Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
6.    Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

If the issue still persists try updating the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

You can try updating the drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.